Since the house finished and now staged for selling, it’s amazing how relaxed I feel and how much time I have now, it’s always clean.
Here are somethings that I did extra as a part of the packing and staging process.
- Even though we haven’t sold yet, anything that isn’t required for staging I have packed away, donated, sold or otherwise organized out of sight. (Yes, I have had to go box diving, it’s been worth it)
- I went extra and stored things like food, dishes, clothes, toiletries – anything we are not using because of season or habit has been put away. It makes for super roomy drawers that aren’t overflowing and are easy to use and maintain.
- Anything used all the time was kept out and super easy to get to.
- Every night before bed, I quickly do a 10 second tidy, pick up clothes, put away things, and move things closer to where they should be.
- Dishes minimum once a day
- Make the bed every morning.
- Keep vinegar and a squeegee in the shower for cleaning after every shower. Sooooo easy.
- Teamwork: both of us staying on top of the cleaning has helped keep us accountable for tidiness.
It’s been a good lesson; it has given me thought on our process for getting the next place up to speed. The freedom I have found with a finished environment to create has me wanting to quickly get the new place liveable to apply my personal touch slowly over time.
Also, staying in a cabin, that is already outfitted with the bare necessities – made me realize how much extra we have (because life), but also started me thinking about what is necessary?
I find it so refreshing, calming and relaxing. Your thoughts? Are you a natural tidier? Or a drop as soon as you arrive? I definitely love the clean feel of less stuff visible.